Downtown Houston features an eclectic mix of high rise offices, commercial properties, and green spaces. It is considered the largest business district in Houston, and it is located at the center of the metropolitan area. Today, Downtown Houston is home to nine Fortune 500 corporations, and it is also a significant destination for recreation and entertainment. Whether it’s daytime or nighttime, downtown Houston has a lot to offer in terms of entertainment. That is why in this article, we are going to know more about the things that you can do and explore in Downtown Houston.
- Watch a game or explore the Minute Maid Park – The Minute Maid Park is considered to be one of the great sports centers in Houston. This is the Houston Astros team’s home since 2000, and it offers the best and unique experience for baseball fans. This stadium has a train station theme and a retractable roof that allows baseball games to be played in indoor and outdoor settings. Do not worry if you happen to be in Houston during the off-season because you can always take a tour of the stadium and get to know its rich history.
- Watch a concert or dramatic performances at the Hobby Center for Performing Arts – This place is an ultra-modern theater located at Bagby Street. The Hobby Center for Performing arts is split into two separate auditoriums: the Zilkha Hall and the Sarofim Hall. The theater can accommodate up to 3,000 people and often host diverse musical concerts, dramatic performances, and even Broadway spectaculars.
- Chug down a freshly made beer at the St. Arnold brewery – This is the oldest craft beer brewery in Texas, and you can sample some of their newly created products at Downtown Houston in an unusual church-themed atmosphere. The first thing you will see at this brewery is the enormous double doors and the interior decked with wooden arches placed across the high ceiling. It also has stained glass windows as well as several religious arts.
- Explore the Toyota Center – This sport and event venue is the Houston Rockets basketball team’s home base. Aside from that, the Toyota Center also hosts big-name music concerts of different bands and artists such as Taylor Swift, Fleetwood Mac, and even the Rolling Stones.
- Have fun with your friends at the Bayou Place– If you are looking for a place to satisfy your entertainment and dining needs while you’re in Houston, then look no further because the Bayou Place has got you covered. If you want to eat, you can watch a movie with dinner at the AMC Dine-in, indulge in some classic American burger at the Hard Rock Café, or taste Japan at the Blue Fish. After eating, you can watch a show or concert at the Revention Center or just relax and take a sip of wine at the Wine Cellar. Bayou Place is considered to be one of Downtown Houston’s liveliest social places, and it is perfect if you want to have some fun weekend night out with your friends.
- Explore the Downtown Houston Tunnel System – Not all of Downtown Houston’s beauty is on the surface because you can also explore it underground at the Downtown Houston Tunnel System. This place lies twenty feet beneath, and it features a surreal underground world that covers about ninety blocks. You can explore the six-mile-long, brightly illuminated walkways that are packed with cafes, restaurants, retail outlets, and food courts. You can easily access the tunnels via escalators and signposted stairs. We suggest that you download a tunnel map before exploring the tunnel system because it can be quite confusing.
- Relax at Discovery Green – This is a twelve-acre public park with a one-acre lake, two promenades, and a fountain. In Discovery Green, you can enjoy a three-hundred and sixty-degree view of Downtown Houston. Besides being a relaxing place in the middle of a busy city, the park also hosts weekly events and festivals.