Mark William Calaway, also popularly known as The Undertaker, is a retired professional wrestler signed to WWE. He is a seven-time world heavyweight champion in the WWF and WWE. Mark Calaway started his career working as different gimmicks for the World Class Championship Wrestling in 1987. Since then, his career skyrocketed until he became known as The Undertaker in WWE.
Throughout 33 years of wrestling, Mark Calaway had never stopped entertaining his fans at each wrestling event he was in. Calaway is considered a great wrestler because he is known for doing extraordinary things whenever competing solo or in groups. The Undertaker may be old and has a long career in wrestling already, but his attitude, skills, and passion for wrestling remain the same as he first set foot in the WWE ring. He is still the same person people adored and admire throughout these years, despite his fights being mostly horror-themed to the point that sometimes a real coffin was present.
Most of his fans, especially those who admired him from the beginning of his career, surely know who he really is in and out of the ring. But in this article, we are going to enumerate some essential facts about The Undertaker, Mark Calaway, to help you know him more.
- Aside from wrestling, Mark Calaway also loves MMA and boxing. In fact, he likes to attend these matches whenever he has free time.
- Mark Calaway almost choked Kurt Angle when he tried to defend Vince McMahon during a plane ride.
- In 1991, The Undertaker was seen in the movie called Suburban Commando.
- Mark Calaway is known for his favorite finishing move, known as the Tombstone Pile-driver, where he pins down most of his opponents.
- In 1989, Mark Calaway joined the World Championship Wrestling as a villain with the ring name “Mean Mark” Callous.
- Mark Calaway is not just a great wrestler; he also has a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-jitsu.
- Brock Lesnar broke Mark Calaway’s winning streak record of 21 wins and one loss at WrestleMania.
- In 1989, The Undertaker was able to bag his first wrestling Championship in a match against Jerry “The King” Lawler during the USWA Unified World Heavyweight Title.
- Mark William Calaway was born in Houston, Texas, on March 24, 1965. Today, he is currently residing in Austin, Texas, the United States, which is why it is safe to say that The Undertaker is a pure and true Texan.
- Mark Calaway has been married three times already, and his previous wives were Sara Frank and Jodi Lynn. Calaway is currently married to Michelle McCool.
- After being married for three times, Mark Calaway has four children.
- Mark Calaway was trained by another well-known wrestler, Don Jardine or popularly known as The Spoiler.
- In 1984, Mark Calaway started his career in pro wrestling.
- Besides being good at wrestling, Mark Calaway was also a very talented basketball player in college.
- Throughout his 33-year career, The Undertaker never lost in the way of submission.
- In 1984, Mark Calaway made his debut at the World Class Championship Wrestling under the ring, using Texas Red as his nickname.
- In February 1989, Mark Calaway once again debuted in the ring, but this time, he was known as The Master of Pain.
- Throughout his career, the opponent that Mark Calaway faced the most was Kane.
- Mark “The Undertaker” Calaway is known to one of the greatest professional wrestlers of all time.
- Or The Undertaker, Mark Calaway wrapped up his 33-year professional wrestling career on June 21, 2020.
- The Undertaker has appeared in five films and five television shows.
- He was also in WWE video games from 1992 to 2020.